One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Valentine Cards...

 I had a piece of alcohol inked up paper, so I used it with my IO heart die and pieced them all back in again...I was missing one little heart, but covered up the space with the a PB swirled "love" die
 I made a whole bunch of valentine cards using the PB Hugs stamp, this is one of the hedgehogs blowing heart bubbles.  I stamped more hearts and covered them with glossy accents hoping they would look like bubble hearts too!
And this is a Lawn Fawn older stamp set called Woodgrain Backdrop.  My DH snuck in and grabbed this one to give to me...he didn't write in it though, he typed up a tear jerking letter for me! He knew I might want to save it to give out another time!
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day!
I head to Salt Lake City early Friday morning for a BIG volleyball tournament (it is called the Triple Crown!).  Both granddaughters are playing this year...the older one plays in the morning wave which goes from 8am - 2pm and the younger granddaughter plays 3pm - probably 10pm!  earlier if we are lucky with the schedule!  both girls playing makes for very long days for the spectators and NO time to do site seeing or shopping!!  Barely time to get a meal!
Hope I can play a little bit tomorrow while I wash clothes and pack!

Heart Hugs, friends!



2 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

These are great cards and I'm so in awe of hubby writing you a sweet letter and letting you reuse the card. He is the perfect cardmaker hubby! The hedgie is adorable and I love that scalloped border on the first card. This will be a long day with both granddaughters playing. Good luck to both teams.

Loll said...

Wonderful designs Colleen. Each one is so unique and beautifully done. I'm so behind ... you are probably back from the volleyball trip by now. Hope your grand daughters had a fun time (and you too!). xx